Saturday, February 18, 2012

This week: Saying good-bye to a friend

Ever wonder where the expression, “you look like your dog just died” came from?
Chances are, if you have loved and lost a pet, you already know the answer all to well.
Our pets hold a special, sacred place in our lives that are unique among all our friendships and when they reach the end of their days, the loss that results is like none other.
This week, in the Clovis News Journal and Portales News Tribune, In Search of Ponies deals with the topic of saying good-bye to that special bond and appreciating the time you had with your dear friend.

1 comment:

  1. Sharna, I just read your column in the Clovis News Journal and offer my condolences to the man who lost his dog. Pets may be just animals to some people, but those of us who love them know better. Recently I helped a friend bury her two small dogs who were hit by a pick-up at the same time. I wrote about how we handled the situation in my blog, The Bright Lights of Muleshoe. I invite you to read "All Good Pets Must Surely Go To Heaven," October 26, 2011. I wish good health to all the animals in your life.

    ReplyDelete